Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free
YIELDS: 8 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large eggplant, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 8 oz greens (spring mix, arugula)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella or feta, sliced (optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp mixed fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, chives)
Toss sweet potatoes, eggplant, red pepper, garlic, pepper and olive oil together.
Roast on a baking stone in a 375-degree oven for about 30 to 45 minutes, stirring once. Remove and cool. All vegetables should be soft.
Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Gently toss 2 Tbsp of dressing with vegetables. Toss greens with remainder of dressing. Divide the greens among 4 plates, top with vegetables and a few slices of mozzarella cheese.
Submitted by Sondra Weidman of The Cooking Club, in Telford. Connect with her at 215-378-9150 or TheCookingClubPA.com. January 2015.