YIELDS: 6 servings
This light, tasty salad is quick and easy to prepare and perfect for a barbecue or picnic.
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Once all ingredients have been prepared, place the cabbage, onion, green and bell peppers and carrot into a large salad bowl. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper and vegetable oil. Toss mixture together until the vegetables are fully coated with the marinade.
Recipe submitted by Suburban Organics. June 2012