- Leftover pulp from 1 lb juiced carrots
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2/3 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup cooked or sprouted millet
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup filtered water
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
In a large bowl, place carrot pulp, chopped celery, chopped onion, cabbage, red pepper, sunflower seeds, millet, salt, pepper and cumin. Add fresh cilantro to mix or keep it as a garnish.
If flaxseeds are not already ground, place them in a coffee grinder and grind until they are a fine meal. Mix the flax meal in a blender with water until it becomes a gooey paste like egg whites.
Dehydrate for one hour; for a cooked version, cook in toaster oven on broil for 5 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Serve with a salad and mustard.
Submitted by Kathleen Downey, author of Healthy is Delicious: More Than a Cookbook. Connect at CoreLevelHealing.net or CoreLevelHealing@gmail.com. March 2014.